Who We AreThe Fun Club Volleyball Association (TFCA) has been coordinating a variety of adult, co-ed indoor and outdoor volleyball programs since 1993 in the Metro Vancouver area of British Columbia. The Association was founded initially as a not-for-profit fundraising entity and became a social enterprise with the growth of its participant base, weekly leagues, weekend tournaments and special 2-day events.
Known for being the Creator of the Reverse Co-Ed 4’s volleyball format (see Rules section for details) in 1994.
First organization to use 8-metre courts and 3-metre attack line for grass Reverse Doubles in Metro Vancouver.
- TFCA underwent a name change to TFC Volleyball (TFC) in January 2003 and became a social enterprise.
- TFC supports sustainability in volleyball through its Athlete Sponsorship Policy. Details in the FAQ section of the website.
- TFC is a member in good standing of the Vancouver Sport Network and Vancouver Field Sports Federation.
If you are interested in obtaining more information as a participant of TFC activities, or if you are interested in supporting or sponsoring TFC events, please contact us.
Phone: (604) 255-2832
- 1. Payment PolicyTo ensure your team League &/or Tournament spot, a non-refundable Bank ETransfer or a post dated cheque (dated 2 weeks ‘before’ the event) will secure your team spot.Your payment will be refunded if you find a replacement team.Remember to provide your email address and contact number, as well as, an email address of at least one other teammate to secure your spot.Payment for a particular League / Tournament does not guarantee your registration for the ‘next’ League session or upcoming Tournament.The Performance Bond will be refunded at the End of Summer Wrap-Up Party.20% will be deducted if you don’t field a team the 1st time. 30% the 2nd time & 50% the 3rd time.
- 2. Performance BondThe Grass League Performance Bond will be refunded at the End of Summer Wrap-Up Party in downtown Vancouver. Location TBD.20% will be deducted if you don’t field a full team the 1st time. 30% the 2nd time & 50% the 3rd time.
- 3. Net Set-Up / TakedownOur League / Tournament Coordinators will set-up the necessary equipment and ensure the surrounding area is safe for play. Of course no assistance from you will be turned away and is appreciated.It is the responsibility of every losing team, after their last match, to takedown and return / store the equipment properly away. We would appreciate if you could point out defective equipment to the League / Tournament Coordinator.
- 4. Sub PlayersAn individual is only eligible to participate in League Play-Offs if they have subbed for the ‘same’ team at least one previous week.An individual is only eligible to participate in Tournament Play-Offs if they have subbed for ‘only’ one team, in at least one full game, in the round robin.
- 5. Supplying VolleyballsA bona-fide piece of primary identification or vehicle key is required to secure an indoor or outdoor volleyball for League or Tournament play.
- 6. Banning a PlayerAn individual shall be banned from competing in a League &/or Tournament for a session, event or entire calendar year if they are abusive or use foul language towards a Coordinator(s). We welcome calm, logical 2-way and constructive discussion.
- 7. R4 Rule Clarification – League & TournamentTFC Volleyball created the R4 format in 1994 & is played with 2 men & 2 women on the court with a 3 metre line. R4 has been adopted by various volleyball entities throughout the Pacific Northwest & continues to grow in popularity.GRASS:If a team fields 3 players for the Thursday Grass R4 League they do not lose a percentage of their Performance Bond, but ‘must’ play with the Ghost Rule. The Ghost Rule applies to tournament play too.A Reverse Doubles (R2) grass league team ‘must’ field a team with 2 players of the opposite sex or they will lose a percentage of their Performance Bond each week.INDOOR:If a league or tournament R4 team suffers an injury, the Ghost Rule shall apply & when it’s time for the Ghost to serve the remaining same sex person ‘must’ do so.The above 2 rulings will provide TFC Volleyball, teams & their opponents consistency, competitiveness & fair play taking into account the difference in playing surface.
For TFC Volleyball, social responsibility is central to the way we do business. We contribute charitable dollars, from our indoor & outdoor Leagues & Tournaments, on an annual basis to the following organizations:
- Burnaby South Secondary School Athletic Program – $1000 from the annual 24 Hour Reverse Co-Ed 4’s Fundraiser.
- North Shore Hospice Society – $2000.
- Ride to Conquer Cancer – $2000.
- BC Children Miracle’s Network – $4000.
- MOvember (in support of prostate cancer research) – $2000.
Join Our Team
1. INDOOR LEAGUE COORDINATOR – Monday Tier 1/2 Womens 4’s @ Bonsor Recreation Complex, Burnaby from 7:15 – 10:30pm between September – December 2017 AND January – April 2018. 7 weeks per league.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, please contact Rex – firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Subscribe to Newsletter
2018 Grass Leagues Info
TFC Player Discussion Facebook GroupJoin Rex Go - TFC Player Discussion Facebook Group to hear about Rainouts, our annual Whistler R2 & R4 tourneys, the Summer Year-End Party.... [ CLICK HERE ]
- Indoor Net Rules
- Indoor R4s Rules
- Indoor W4 Rules
- Indoor W6 Rules
- Indoor CE6 Rules
- Grass R2s/R4s Rules
- Grass W2 Rules
- Grass League Tiebreaker